The Viva Wallet plugin for HikaShop enables you to receive payments to HikaShop on Joomla via the Viva Wallet payment gateway.
Before you begin:
Adding the Viva Wallet plugin to HikaShop consists of the following steps.
Step 1: Create a payment source
To add a new payment source in the Viva Wallet banking app:
- Click on Sales in the left navigation:
- Click on Online payments in the Sales submenu:
- Click on Websites / apps in the Online payments submenu:
- Click on the Add Website/App button on the right.
The New Payment Source dialog box is displayed:
Complete the fields as follows:
- Code – the four-digit number in the top-left of the dialog box is the ‘Source Code’. Make a note of it for use in your plugin.
- Source Name – give your payment source a source name so you can recognise it in your reports.
- Linked Wallet – link the payment source to the required wallet.
- Protocol – if your e-commerce platform uses SSL on the checkout, select https, otherwise use http.
- Domain Name – enter the domain name to be associated (without the protocol. i.e. use
http://[yourdomain].com). If the site uses www, it must be specified and visa versa.
- Integration method – leave this with redirection selected.
- Company Logo - a PNG of your company logo to be displayed on the Viva Wallet payment page.
- Success URL – enter
- Failure URL – enter
Click on the Create button to finish creating the payment source.
Once the payment source moves from a status of ‘Pending’ to ‘Active’ in the Website/Apps list, it’s ready to use. This should take no longer than 24 hours.
Step 2: Integrate with the e-commerce store
To start using Viva Wallet as your payment gateway within HikaShop:
Browse to the ZIP archive (
plg_viva_hikashop.zip) you downloaded earlier to your desktop.
Install through Joomla extension manager (Install).
Activate and configure the Hikashop Viva Payment Plugin (HikaShop / System / Payment methods).