Our plugin for Jigoshop enables you to receive payments to your Jigoshop store on Wordpress via the Viva Wallet payment gateway.
Before you start
- Log in to the Viva Wallet banking app, demo or live.
- Find your Merchant ID and API Key.
- Download vivawallet-for-jigoshop.zip to your desktop.
Adding the Viva Wallet plugin to Jigoshop consists of the following steps.
Step 1: Create a payment source
To add a new payment source in the Viva Wallet banking app:
- Click on Sales in the left navigation:
Click on Online payments in the Sales menu.
Click on Websites / apps in the Online payments menu:
Click on the Add Website/App button in the top right-hand corner:
The New Payment Source dialog box is displayed:
Complete the fields as follows:
- Code – the four-digit number in the top-left of the dialog box is the ‘Source Code’. Make a note of it for use in your plugin.
- Source Name – give your payment source a source name so you can recognise it in your reports.
- Linked Wallet – link the payment source to the required wallet.
- Protocol – if your e-commerce platform uses SSL on the checkout, select https, otherwise use http.
- Domain Name – enter the domain name to be associated (without the protocol. i.e. use
http://[yourdomain].com). If the site uses www, it must be specified and visa versa.
- Integration method – leave this with redirection selected.
- Company Logo - a PNG of your company logo to be displayed on the Viva Wallet payment page.
- Success URL –
- Failure URL –
Click on the Create button to finish creating the payment source.
During payment source activation, our team will update your payment source from a status of ‘Pending’ to ‘Active’ in the payment source list. This process normally takes a maximum of one working day after submitting the source.
Step 2: Integrate with your e-commerce store
To start using Viva Wallet as the payment gateway within JigoShop:
Log in to your Wordpress website as an administrator.
Click on the Plugins menu and select Add New:
Click on the Upload Plugin button to display the upload page:
Click on the Choose File button and browse to the ZIP archive (
vivawallet-for-jigoshop.zip) you downloaded earlier to your desktop.
Click on the Choose button then Install Now.
Wordpress installs the plugin in the background.
Once installed, click on the Activate Plugin button.
An entry for JigoShop will be displayed at the bottom of the plugins page:
Click on the JigoShop menu in the left navigation and select Settings.
Click on the Payment Gateways tab at the top of the page to display the list of payment gateways, with JigoShop at the top.
Click in the Enable Vivawallet checkbox to select it.
In the Title field, enter the text ‘Pay by debit or credit card.’
In the Description field, enter the text ‘Cards accepted: Visa, Mastercard, Maestro or Amex.’
In the Merchant ID, API Key and Source Code fields, enter the previously noted values.
Instalments – optional. Here you can include a meaningful code for installments to be collected. Use the example below the field as a guide to creating the required code. Requirements: customer uses card enabled for installments and chooses desired installment amount on payment page.
Enable Test mode – optional. When checked the plugin will connect to the demo environment. In that case, use only the credentials from your demo account. When unchecked use the credentials from your live account.
Click on the Save changes button.
You are now ready to start receiving payments through Viva Wallet within JigoShop on Wordpress.
Step 3: Set an optional webhook
Go to Settings > API Access > Webhooks in the Viva Wallet banking app:
Click on Create Webhook to display the New Webhook dialog box:
In the Url field, enter
exchanging the placeholder for your actual domain name.
Choose Transaction Payment Created from the Event Type dropdown.
Click on the Save button.