Our plugin for Shopify enables you to receive payments to your Shopify store via the Viva Wallet payment gateway.
Before you start
- Make a note of your Merchant ID which can be found in the Viva Wallet banking app.
- You need to request a Store Token from us which we’ll email back to you within a day or so.
Your 32-character Store Token will contain a mixture of letters, numbers and symbols. If you own multiple stores you can use the same token to connect these to the Viva Wallet payment gateway.
To add the Viva Wallet plugin to Shopify:
Log in to your store as an administrator.
Click on Settings in the bottom-left corner of your Shopify home page:
Click on Payment providers:
Remove any other payment gateway that handles card payments. Shopify does not allow multiple card payment providers (you may leave PayPal there if you wish).
In your current browser window, open http://www.shopify.com/admin/authorize_gateway/1041324 to display the ‘Recently accessed stores’ page.
Click on your store to display the pre-installation page:
Click on the Install payment provider button.
You are returned to the Payment providers page,
Scroll down to the ‘Third-party providers’ section and click on the Choose third-party provider button:
Click on the See all supported providers link.
The full list of supported payment providers is displayed.
Filter on ‘Viva’ and select Viva Wallet from the results.
The Viva Wallet settings page is displayed.
Under ‘Account Information’ enter your Merchant ID and Store Token in the fields provided:
From the ‘Deactivate Shopify Payments’ dropdown, select a reason, e.g. Rates are too expensive.
Click on the Activate Viva Wallet button at the bottom of the page.
A message is displayed confirming Viva Wallet plugin activation. You should also receive an email from Shopify confirming the change.
The Shopify integration is now complete. You can start receiving payments through Viva Wallet!
To choose your store currency:
- Click on Settings in the bottom-left corner of your Shopify home page:
- Click on General on the settings page:
- Click on the Store currency dropdown and choose one of the currencies supported by Viva Wallet (EUR, GBP, PLN, RON):
- Click on the Save button to make your choice permanent.