Our plugin for WP eCommerce enables you to receive payments to your WP eCommerce store on Wordpress via the Viva Wallet payment gateway.
Before you start
- Log in to Viva Wallet, demo or live , and select the required account.
- Find your Merchant ID and API Key.
Adding the Viva Wallet plugin to WP eCommerce consists of the following steps.
Step 1: Create a payment source
To add a new payment source in the Viva Wallet banking app:
- Click on Sales in the left navigation:
Click on Online payments in the Sales menu.
Click on Websites / apps in the Online payments menu:
Click on the Add Website/App button in the top right-hand corner:
The New Payment Source dialog box is displayed:
Complete the fields as follows:
- Code – the four-digit number in the top-left of the dialog box is the ‘Source Code’. Make a note of it for use in your plugin.
- Source Name – give your payment source a source name so you can recognise it in your reports.
- Linked Wallet – link the payment source to the required wallet.
- Protocol – if your e-commerce platform uses SSL on the checkout, select https, otherwise use http.
- Domain Name – enter the domain name to be associated (without the protocol. i.e. use
http://[yourdomain].com). If the site uses www, it must be specified and visa versa.
- Integration method – leave this with redirection selected.
- Company Logo - a PNG of your company logo to be displayed on the Viva Wallet payment page.
- Success URL –
- Failure URL –
Click on the Create button to finish creating the payment source.
Step 2: Integrate with your e-commerce store
To start using Viva Wallet as the payment gateway within WP eCommerce:
- Visit the Viva Wallet public GitHub page containing the plugin code in php:
Right-click on the Raw button and choose Save Link As….
Browse to your desktop or a local folder and click on the Save button to download
You now need to access your host through the FTP manager. You can request an FTP username and password from your WordPress hosting provider.
Open an FTP client on your computer and connect to your website using the login credentials provided by your web host.
Open the following directory
[wpinstallation]/wp-content/plugins/wp-e-commerce/wpsc-merchants/and upload the php file.
Step 3: Set an optional webhook
Go to Settings > API Access > Webhooks in the Viva Wallet banking app:
Click on Create Webhook to display the New Webhook dialog box:
In the Url field, enter
http(s)://(www.)your_domain.com/index.php?vivawallet_callback=true&webhook, exchanging the placeholder for your actual domain name.
Choose Transaction Payment Created from the Event Type dropdown.
Click on the Save button.