Google Pay™ integration
Google Pay™ is a digital wallet platform and online payment system that powers in-app, tap-to-pay, and website purchases. It enables users to make payments online from the web and with Android phones, tablets and watches.
Google Pay allows customers to make payments in your website using any credit or debit card saved to their Google Account, including those from Google Play, YouTube, Chrome, or an Android device. Use the Google Pay API to request any credit or debit card stored in your customer’s Google account.
Google Pay is supported on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Microsoft Edge, Opera, and UCWeb UC browsers.
- A better way to pay: Google Pay is a faster, more secure way to pay on sites and in apps using payment methods saved to a Google Account.
- Availability: Google Pay is accepted in millions of places around the world. It’s available on Android, iOS, and desktop, and you can use it in multiple browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.
- Increased conversions: Google Pay delivers frictionless checkout by eliminating the need to type billing and shipping details, increasing conversions by giving shoppers a better way to pay.
- Increased security: Google Pay protects your payment information with multiple layers of security, including card network tokenization.
Including in your checkout steps
Viva Wallet Redirect Checkout supports Google Pay straight out of the box with no configuration required. Your payment page will include a radio button to the right of the usual card payment option. Once selected, the page will look similar to the below:
The customer clicks on the Buy with G Pay button to display the payment options available in their wallet:
Viva Wallet implementation
The authorization methods accepted are
We support the following card networks:
|Diners Club International||Greece|
All merchants are enabled by default to accept payments for all the above card networks, apart from the below:
*With the exception of certain merchant categories
Other integration options
If you prefer to integrate directly against the Google Pay API, follow Google’s setup instructions .
Further information for web merchants
- Google Pay web developer documentation
- Google Pay Web integration checklist
- Google Pay Web Brand Guidelines