Viva Wallet allows merchants to accept payments online, via our plugins, checkouts, and payment tools, by offering multiple payment methods. By offering multiple payment methods, you can:
- Offer payment methods familiar to your customers
- Cater to the payment preferences of international customers
- Increase your conversion rate
These payment methods will become available to your customers to make a payment, if the below conditions are met:
- You need first to be eligible for a payment method: this depends on the country in which you registered your Viva Wallet account and on your MCC (Merchant Category Code)
- Then, the payment method needs to be enabled for you: some of these payment methods will be automatically enabled for you by us (e.g. Apple Pay), other payment methods can be enabled by yourself (e.g. PayPal), for others you need to get in touch with us to enable them for you.
For information about trying out the below in our demo environment, see Test cards and environments.
Following are details on eligibility and how to enable each payment method.
On this page:
Credit / debit cards
|Payment method||Merchant countries|
|Diners Club International||Greece|
All merchants are enabled by default to accept payments for all the above card schemes, apart from the below:
1With the exception of certain merchant categories
2With the exception of certain merchant categories
All merchants are enabled by default to accept payments for all the above digital wallets, apart from the below:
3With the exception of certain merchant categories
4With the exception of certain merchant categories
Alternative payment methods
The following table below shows the country-specific alternative payment methods we support in addition to those accepted globally5.
|Merchant country||BitPay||EPS||giropay||iDEAL||MULTIBANCO||BLIK & PayByLink (via P24)||PayU||Sofort||WeChat Pay|
The above alternative payment methods are asynchronous in principle, meaning that it may take up to several days to confirm whether the payment has been successful, although in the typical case the payment is confirmed almost immediately. Until the payment is confirmed as successful or failed, the payment will be indicated as pending. You need to use the Transaction Payment Created webhook so that we inform you when the payment is confirmed as successful. Alternatively, use the Transaction Failed webhook to receive a failed payment notification.
If you wish to accept payments online by offering these alternative payment methods, contact your Viva Wallet sales representative who will start the on-boarding process for you. Alternatively, you can contact us directly via our live chat facility. Simply click on the live chat icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.
5With the exception of certain merchant categories .
The following payment methods support recurring payments:
- Credit / debit cards
- Apple Pay
- Google Pay