Information on the Samsung Pay payment method.
- User Experience
- How to enable Samsung Pay
- Supported card networks
- Payment method icon
- Get Support
Samsung Pay is a digital wallet platform for Android smartphones only, which allows you to authorize an online payment. A customer can accept online payments through Samsung Pay with their Samsung device.
- Safe & Secure: Samsung Pay does not send the user’s debit or credit card number with your payment. Instead, a unique Token number is used to represent the actual card. So, the card details always stay safe
- Easy to use: No need for the users to carry credit or debit cards. They should have installed only the Samsung App on their mobile
- Availability: Samsung Pay works almost everywhere contactless payments can be accepted
At the checkout, the customer selects the Samsung Pay button at the top of the screen:
The customer then signs into their Samsung account:
The customer selects their payment card before completing the payment:
Please also see our video below, outlining the use of Samsung Pay:
- Payment method type: Synchronous - payments are confirmed immediately
- Refunds: Supports partial and full refunds
- Recurring payments: Supports recurring payments
- Pre-authorizations: Supports pre-authorizations
- Restricted MCC: All Merchant Categories are eligible to have Samsung Pay enabled
- Supported Countries: Italy, Germany, Sweden, France & United Kingdom
- Supported Payment Methods: Please refer to the relevant country-specific Samsung Pay site (above) for further information
- Supported Devices: Please refer to the ‘Which products is Samsung Pay available on?’ tab within the Samsung Pay FAQs
- Pricing: Please refer to our pricing page under the main navigation for more information
- Settlement: All settlement takes place next day for successful transactions (i.e. have statusId = F)
- Cross-currency payments: Not yet supported
How to enable Samsung Pay
All merchants are enabled by default to accept payments for Samsung Pay.
Supported card networks
|Card type||Card type icon||Merchant Countries|
Payment method icon
If desired, you can download and use this icon on your site or online store, in order to show customers you offer Samsung Pay as a payment method:
If you would like to integrate with Viva Wallet, or if you have any queries about our products and solutions, please see our Get Support page to see how we can help!