Information on the Viva Wallet payment method.
- User Experience
- How to enable Viva Wallet
- Payment method icon
- Get Support
Viva Wallet is a digital wallet that powers online payments for merchants in Greece, Malta, and Cyprus. This method lets your customers pay you online using their personal Viva Wallet account if they wish to do so.
- Easy to use: There is no need for the customer to carry credit or debit cards. Having a personal Viva Wallet account is enough to make payments
- A better way to pay: Viva Wallet is a faster, secure way to pay on sites
- Instant Refund: Refunds to a Viva Wallet account take seconds - customers don’t have to wait days for the refund process
At the checkout, the customer selects Viva Wallet as their preferred payment method:
After clicking the ‘Continue to Viva Wallet’ button, the user is directed to the Viva Wallet environment to enter their account credentials:
The user is then returned to Smart Checkout with their Viva Wallet personal account details populated, where they can click the ‘pay’ button to complete the payment:
Please also see our videos below, outlining the desktop and mobile use of Viva Wallet:
- Payment method type: Synchronous - payments are confirmed immediately
- Refunds: Supports partial and full refunds
- Recurring payments: Not yet supported
- Pre-authorizations: Not yet supported
- Restricted MCC: All Merchant Categories are eligible to have the Viva Wallet payment method enabled
- Μerchant countries: Greece Malta & Cyprus
- Customer countries: Greece Malta & Cyprus (for customers with personal Viva Wallet accounts)
- Pricing: Please refer to our pricing page under the main navigation for more information
- Settlement: All settlement takes place next day for successful transactions (i.e. have statusId = F)
- Cross-currency payments: Not yet supported
How to enable Viva Wallet
By default, all eligible merchants are enabled to accept payments with Viva Wallet. All customers can pay with Viva Wallet as long as they have a Viva Wallet personal account.
If desired, you can disable the Viva Wallet payment method for a particular payment by setting the
disableWallet parameter to
true when creating a payment order
Payment method icon
If desired, you can download and use this icon on your site or online store, in order to show customers you offer Viva Wallet as a payment method:
If you would like to integrate with Viva Wallet, or if you have any queries about our products and solutions, please see our Get Support page to see how we can help!