Information on the Viva Wallet payment method.
- User Experience
- How to activate Viva Wallet
- Testing Viva Wallet
- Payment method messaging
- Get Support
Viva Wallet is a digital wallet that powers online payments for merchants in Greece, Malta, and Cyprus. This method lets your customers pay you online using their personal Viva Wallet account if they wish to do so.
Some of the main benefits of offering Viva Wallet as a payment method are:
- Easy to use: There is no need for the customer to carry credit or debit cards. Having a personal Viva Wallet account is enough to make payments
- A better way to pay: Viva Wallet is a faster, secure way to pay on sites
- Instant Refund: Refunds to a Viva Wallet account take seconds - customers don’t have to wait days for the refund process
At the checkout, the customer selects Viva Wallet as their preferred payment method:
After clicking the ‘Continue to Viva Wallet’ button, the user is directed to the Viva Wallet environment to enter their account credentials:
The user is then returned to Smart Checkout with their Viva Wallet personal account details populated, where they can click the ‘pay’ button to complete the payment:
Please also see our videos below, outlining the desktop and mobile use of Viva Wallet:
- How to activate: Please refer to the How to activate section below
- Payment method type: Synchronous - payments are confirmed immediately
- Refunds: Supports partial and full refunds
- Recurring payments: Not yet supported
- Pre-authorizations: Not yet supported
- Restricted MCC: All Merchant Categories are eligible to have the Viva Wallet payment method activated
- Μerchant countries: Greece Malta & Cyprus
- Customer countries: Greece Malta & Cyprus (for customers with personal Viva Wallet accounts)
- Pricing: Please refer to our pricing page under the main navigation for more information
- Settlement: Customer payments are deposited next day into your business account for confirmed payments / successful transactions (i.e. have statusId = F)
- Cross-currency payments: Not yet supported
How to activate Viva Wallet
|Production||By default, all eligible merchants are activated to accept payments with Viva Wallet. All customers can pay with Viva Wallet as long as they have a Viva Wallet personal account.
*You may visit our Test Cards and Environments page for further information on how to make test payments with Viva Wallet.
If desired, this payment method can be disabled for a given payment by setting the
disableWallet parameter to
true when creating a payment order
Testing Viva Wallet
In order to test Viva Wallet functionality in the demo environment, please see our Viva Wallet testing information.
Payment method messaging
It is important that the customer is aware of the payment methods you offer via Smart Checkout, as this will increase conversion and average order values. Please see our payment method messaging guide for more details on why and where we would recommend adding this information to your site.
If desired, you can download and use this icon on your site or online store, in order to show customers you offer Viva Wallet as a payment method:
If you would like to integrate with Viva Wallet, or if you have any queries about our products and solutions, please see our Get Support page to see how we can help!