Information on the Online Banking payment method.
- User Experience
- How to enable Online Banking
- Merchant Categories
- Payment method icon
- Get Support
The Online Banking payment method allows your customers to complete their transactions by directly debiting a bank account through the secure environment of Smart Checkout. When choosing this method, the customer is prompted to select and connect to his web banking in order to pay for his purchase. An eligible bank can be easily selected when processing the payment with this method.
It is processed through the SEPA transfers and operates for most European banks.
- Easy to use: There is no need for the users to carry credit or debit cards. Buyers can quickly pay by connecting to their personal bank account
- Availability: Online Banking is available 24⁄7 in a wide range of European countries
At the checkout, the customer selects “Online Banking” as their preferred payment method and fills the form with his/her email and name details:
After clicking the “Select bank” button, a list of eligible banks will appear. The customer can select his/her bank and can also easily search for it by entering the bank’s name in the search box:
The customer is then redirected to his/her Bank account in order to sign in and confirm the payment:
Please also see our videos below, outlining the desktop and mobile use of Online Banking:
- Payment method type: Asynchronous - payments are not confirmed immediately, the confirmation of payment occurs when the funds arrive, which can be up to 3 business days. You need to set up webhooks in order to get notified for asynchronous payments
- Refunds: Supports partial and full refunds
- Recurring payments: Not yet supported
- Pre-authorizations: Not yet supported
- Restricted MCC: Some Merchant Categories are not eligible to have Online Banking enabled
- Μerchant countries: Available for merchants registered in in Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain
- Customer countries: Available to customers in all Euro currency countries and banks supporting this method. The bank list on smart checkout is displayed according to the customer country
- Pricing: Please refer to our pricing page under the main navigation for more information
- Settlement: All settlement takes place next day for successful transactions (i.e. have statusId = F)
- Cross-currency payments: Not yet supported
How to enable Online Banking
If you wish to enable this payment method, please contact your Viva Wallet sales representative. Alternatively, you can contact us directly via our live chat facility, by simply clicking on the live chat icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.
There are some merchant categories that are not eligible to have Online Banking enabled. If your business is in one of these categories, you will not be able to accept payments through Online Banking:
|Merchant Category (MCC)||Description|
|4812||Telecommunication Equipment Including Telephone Sales|
|4814||Telecommunication Services including but not limited to prepaid phone services and recurring phone services|
|4816||Computer Network/Information Services|
|4899||Wire Transfer Money Orders (V, D, G, X) Money Transfer (M)|
|5122||Drugs, Drug Proprietors and Druggists Sundries|
|5912||Drug Stores and Pharmacies|
|5966||Direct Marketing–Outbound Telemarketing Merchants|
|5967||Direct Marketing–Inbound Teleservices Merchants|
|5993||Cigar Stores and Stands|
|7841||VD/Video Tape Rental Stores|
Payment method icon
If desired, you can download and use this icon on your site or online store, in order to show customers you offer Online Banking as a payment method:
If you would like to integrate with Viva Wallet, or if you have any queries about our products and solutions, please see our Get Support page to see how we can help!