Information on the IRIS payment method.
- User Experience
- How to enable IRIS
- Payment method icon
- Get Support
IRIS is an online payment method that allows your customers to complete Smart Checkout transactions by logging into their bank environment and approving a specific payment. This method operates for most Greek banks and reaches almost all Greek users who use web banking solutions.
By default, all merchants in Greece are enabled to accept payments with IRIS. All customers can pay with IRIS if they have a valid e-bank account that supports IRIS.
- Easy to use: There is no need for the users to carry credit or debit cards. Buyers can quickly pay within their e-bank environment
- Availability: IRIS is a popular payment method within Greece and increases conversion for Greek merchants
- Get started quickly: There is no need for the merchant to have an account with IRIS
At the checkout, the customer selects IRIS as their preferred payment method:
After clicking the ‘Continue to IRIS’ button, the user is directed to the IRIS environment to select their bank account:
The user is then directed to their bank account’s page, where they can log in and complete the payment:
Please also see our videos below, outlining the desktop and mobile use of IRIS:
Merchants do not need to have an account with IRIS
- Payment method type: Asynchronous - payments are not confirmed immediately, it may take up to 20 minutes to receive confirmation of payment. You need to set up webhooks in order to get notified for asynchronous payments
- Refunds: Supports partial and full refunds
- Recurring payments: Not yet supported
- Pre-authorizations: Not yet supported
- Restricted MCC: All Merchant Categories are eligible to have IRIS enabled
- Μerchant countries: Available for merchants registered in Greece only
- Customer countries: Available to customers in Greece only
- Pricing: Please refer to our pricing page under the main navigation for more information
- Settlement: All settlement takes place next day for successful transactions (i.e. have statusId = F)
- Cross-currency payments: Not yet supported
How to enable IRIS
IRIS is enabled by default, meaning no extra setup is required from the merchant.
If you desire for the IRIS payment method to be disabled, please contact us via the Live Chat icon at the bottom-right of this page.
Payment method icon
If desired, you can download and use this icon on your site or online store, in order to show customers you offer IRIS as a payment method:
If you would like to integrate with Viva Wallet, or if you have any queries about our products and solutions, please see our Get Support page to see how we can help!