Table of Content
The Payconiq™ platform connects banks, merchants, payment service providers and consumers, to enable omni-channel payments online, in store, by invoice or peer-to-peer. It is an API-based platform, allowing for a fast connection and value-added services.
Consumers can download one of the stand-alone apps or use the Payconiq™ integration in their mobile banking apps (where available), according to their country of residence. They connect their bank account to the app and then are able to make payments to affiliated merchants by scanning a QR-code, or to friends (by e-mail address or cellphone number).
- Flexibility: Enabling merchants to benefit from secure, plug & play platform for simple onboarding and integration.
- Easy to use: Consumers experience a seamless and secure experience, while using in the company’s standalone apps, or in mobile banking apps.
- Availability: Payconiq™ is available in Belgium and Luxemburg.
- Increased conversions: It delivers frictionless checkout by eliminating the need for card details when shopping, increasing conversions by giving shoppers a better way to pay
At online checkout, the consumer chooses Payconiq as the preferred payment method.
A Payconiq™ QR code is generated, and the consumer is presented with instructions for how to complete the payment.
Once the QR code has been scanned, the Payconiq™ mobile app will continue with the payment in the app.
The consumer reviews the merchant details, order reference and payment amount before continuing.
The consumer verifies their identity to confirm the transaction.
The merchant will be notified of the successful transaction immediately afterwards.
- Payment method type: Asynchronous - payments are not confirmed immediately, it may take up to 20 minutes to receive confirmation of payment.
- Refunds: Supports partial and full refunds
- Recurring payments: Not yet supported
- Pre-authorizations: Not yet supported
- Restricted MCC: Some Merchant Categories are not eligible to have Payconiq™ enabled
- Μerchant countries: Available for merchants registered in Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain
- Customer countries: Available to customers in Belgium, Luxemburg
- Pricing: Please refer to our pricing page under the main navigation for more information
- Settlement: All settlement takes place next day for successful transactions (i.e. have statusId = F)
- Cross-currency payments: Not yet supported
- Additional notes: Payconiq™ is not available through Quick Pay or for payment orders with the
disableExactAmountparameter set to ‘
How to enable Payconiq™
All merchants are enabled by default to accept payments for Payconiq™, with the exception of certain Merchant Categories
There are some merchant categories that are not eligible to have Payconiq™ enabled. If your business is in one of these categories, you will not be able to accept payments through Payconiq™:
|Merchant Category (MCC)||Description|
|6010||Member Financial Institution–Manual Cash Disbursements|
|6011||Member Financial Institution–Automated Cash Disbursements|
|7393||Detective Agencies, Protective Agencies, Security Services including Armored Cars, Guard Dogs|
|9223||Bail and Bond Payments|
A customer from Belgium may scan the Payconiq™ QR code and pay with these apps:
A customer from Luxembourg may scan the Payconiq QR code and pay with these apps:
If you have any questions about our solutions, or questions about how to integrate with our solutions, please refer to our Get Support page.