Table of Contents
- User Experience
- How to enable Trustly
- Merchant Categories
- Payment method icon
- Get Support
Trustly provides the ability to make online payments directly from your bank account in a secure way. In addition to allowing for quick and easy payments, no sign-up or software installation is required.
Trustly is a licensed payment institution authorized and supervised by the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority. It holds a European Payment Services Provider (PSP) license in accordance with the Payment Services Directive. A Trustly payment uses strong two-factor authentication.
- Flexibility: There is no need for the users to carry bank cards
- Easy to use: Consumers experience a seamless and secure experience, while using in the Trustly-hosted site.
- Availability: Trustly is available in a wide range of countries
At checkout, the customer selects Trustly as their preferred payment method:
The consumer redirects to a Trustly-hosted bank selector page:
Before proceeding with the payment, the consumer has the option to save their details for future purchases:
The consumer continues to the bank authentication page:
On the bank page, the consumer grants access to their bank before the payment is initiated:
They authenticate via SCA:
Access to the bank is confirmed and the consumer redirects back to Trustly:
On the Trustly page, the consumer continues with the payment:
They redirect to their bank where they see the payment details and confirm the payment:
They authorise the payment using SCA:
The payment is confirmed and the consumer is redirected to the marchant’s page:
- Payment method type: Asynchronous - payments are not confirmed immediately, it may take up to 7 days to receive confirmation of payment
- Refunds: Supports partial and full refunds
- Recurring payments: Not yet supported
- Pre-authorizations: Not yet supported
- Restricted MCC: Some Merchant Categories are not eligible to have Trustly enabled
- Μerchant countries: Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden & United Kingdom
- Customer countries: Austria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden & United Kingdom
- Pricing: Please refer to our pricing page from your country under the main navigation for more information.
- Settlement: All settlement takes place next day for successful transactions (i.e. have statusId = F)
- Cross-currency payments: Not yet supported
How to enable Trustly
If you wish to enable this payment method, please contact your Viva Wallet sales representative. Alternatively, you can contact us directly via our live chat facility, by simply clicking on the live chat icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.
There are some merchant categories that are not eligible to have Trustly enabled. If your business is in one of these categories, you will not be able to accept payments through Trustly:
|Merchant Category (MCC)||Description|
|5094||Precious Stones and Metals, Watches and Jewelry|
|5122||Drugs, Drug Proprietors, and Druggist’s Sundries|
|5499||Misc. Food Stores – Convenience Stores and Specialty Markets|
|5912||Drug Stores and Pharmacies|
|5962||Direct Marketing – Travel Related Arrangements Services|
|5966||Direct Marketing- Outbound Telemarketing Merchant|
|5967||Direct Marketing – Inbound Teleservices Merchant|
|5999||Miscellaneous and Specialty Retail Stores|
|7996||Amusement Parks, Carnivals, Circuses, Fortune Tellers|
|9223||Bail and Bond Payments|
Payment method icon
If desired, you can download and use this icon on your site or online store, in order to show customers you offer Trustly as a payment method:
If you would like to integrate with Viva Wallet, or if you have any queries about our products and solutions, please see our Get Support page to see how we can help!