Payconiq (for POS)
Information on the Payconiq (for POS) payment method.
- User Experience
- How to enable Payconiq (for POS)
- Merchant Categories
- Payment method icon
- Get Support
Payconiq (for POS) allows you to generate a Payconiq QR code natively within your POS terminal. You can then present this QR code for your customers to scan with their mobile device, where they can complete the payment easily and securely.
- Ease of use: Customers experience a simple and seamless experience
- Security: Payments are completed safely within the customers’ Payconiq or banking apps
On the POS terminal, the merchant selects (1) the QR code payment option > (2) the Payconiq payment method.
The Payconiq QR code (3) is then displayed:
The customer then uses the Payconiq app on their mobile device to scan the QR code:
The customer completes the payment within their Payconiq app:
Once the customer has completed the payment on their device, a confirmation message is shown:
A confirmation message is also shown on the POS terminal:
- Payment method type: Asynchronous - payments are not confirmed immediately, it may take up to 20 minutes to receive confirmation of payment. You need to set up webhooks in order to get notified for asynchronous payments
- Refunds: Supports partial and full refunds
- Recurring payments: Not yet supported
- Pre-authorizations: Not yet supported
- Restricted MCC: Some Merchant Categories are not eligible to have Payconiq (for POS) enabled
- Supported countries: Available in Belgium & Luxembourg only
- Pricing: Please refer to our pricing page under the main navigation for more information
- Settlement: All settlement takes place next day for successful transactions (i.e. have statusId = F)
- Cross-currency payments: Not yet supported
How to enable Payconiq (for POS)
All merchants are enabled by default to accept payments for Payconiq (for POS), with the exception of certain Merchant Categories.
There are some merchant categories that are not eligible to have Payconiq (for POS) enabled. If your business is in one of these categories, you will not be able to accept payments through Payconiq (for POS):
|Merchant Category (MCC)||Description|
|6010||Member Financial Institution–Manual Cash Disbursements|
|6011||Member Financial Institution–Automated Cash Disbursements|
|7393||Detective Agencies, Protective Agencies, Security Services including Armored Cars, Guard Dogs|
|9223||Bail and Bond Payments|
Payment method icon
If desired, you can download and use this icon on your site or online store, in order to show customers you offer Payconiq (for POS) as a payment method:
If you would like to integrate with Viva Wallet, or if you have any queries about our products and solutions, please see our Get Support page to see how we can help!