The Viva Wallet Virtual Terminal (also referred to as ‘web POS’) is an online application that enables you to receive payments via a debit, credit or prepaid card. It provides your business with the functionality of a physical card acceptance terminal.
- Sales executed through the virtual terminal are processed, cleared and credited to your accounts on the next business day.
- You can access your trading history at any time by selecting the ‘Sales’ category.
- Under the same category, you can also access additional features including cancellations, reversals and charges.
To take a payment using Virtual Terminal:
Log in to the Viva Wallet banking app and select the account you wish to use.
Click on Sales then Virtual Terminal in the left nav.
A notification is displayed requesting that you:
- Match the name on your customer’s ID against that embossed on your customer’s payment card.
- Obtain customer’s signature on the transaction’s document (receipt, invoice or pro-forma) and store for 12 months minimum.
- Cross-check customer’s signature on the transaction’s document against the ID specimen.
- Take note of your customer’s name, address, telephone and e-mail.
Click on the Yes button if you agree to these necessary actions.
The Virtual Terminal will be displayed:
Complete the mandatory fields:
- Your reference – to help you identify the payment.
- A short description for this payment - note for customer.
- Customer e-mail
- Customer phone number
- Card number
- Name on card
- Exp. Month
- Exp. Year
- CVV – for Mastercard, Visa and Diners, the three digits on the back of the card. For Amex, the four digits on the front of the card.
- Payment Source – Select ‘default’ unless you have set up multiple sources representing the different parts of your business, in which case, choose the most suitable category instead.
- Tags – to group transactions together for easy retrieval later (optional).
- Receipt language
Click on the Charge card button.
The payment process is now complete.