The Viva Wallet Virtual Terminal (also referred to as ‘web POS’) is an online application that allows you to receive payments via a debit, credit or prepaid card. It provides your business with the functionality of a physical card acceptance terminal, without the customer needing to be physically at your premises.
- Sales executed through the virtual terminal are processed, cleared and credited to your accounts on the next business day.
- You can access your trading history at any time by selecting the ‘Sales’ category.
- Under the same category, you can also access additional features including cancellations, reversals and charges.
To take a payment using Virtual Terminal:
- Visit register and click on Login.
The Sign in to your account page is displayed.
- Enter your mobile number and password and click on the Sign in button.
The Viva Wallet account landing page is displayed.
- Click on the Select button for the account you wish to view.
Your account dashboard is displayed.
Click on Sales then Virtual Terminal in the left nav.
A notification is displayed requesting that you:
- Match the name on your customer’s ID against that embossed on your customer’s payment card.
- Obtain customer’s signature on the transaction’s document (receipt, invoice or pro-forma) and store for 12 months minimum.
- Cross-check customer’s signature on the transaction’s document against the ID specimen.
- Take note of your customer’s name, address, telephone and e-mail.
Click on the Yes button if you agree to these necessary actions.
The Virtual Terminal will be displayed:
Complete the mandatory fields:
- Your reference – to help you identify the payment.
- A short description for this payment - the description to display to the customer. Please note: you can also copy and paste emojis into this field if desired 😃
- Customer e-mail
- Customer phone number
- Card number
- Name on card
- Exp. Month
- Exp. Year
- CVV – for Mastercard, Visa, Discover and Diners, the three digits on the back of the card. For Amex, the four digits on the front of the card.
- Payment Source – select ‘Default’ unless you have set up a separate payment source for this payment channel.
- Tags – to group transactions together for easy retrieval later (optional).
- Receipt language
Click on the Charge card button.
The payment process is now complete.