Our plugin for PrestaShop 1.7 enables you to receive payments to PrestaShop 1.7 via the Viva Wallet payment gateway.
The Viva Wallet PrestaShop 1.7 plugin is backwards compatible with version 1.5 onwards.
Before you start
Go to Settings > API Access and find your Merchant ID and API Key:
Download vivawallet1.7.zip to your desktop.
Adding the Viva Wallet plugin to PrestaShop 1.7 consists of the following steps.
Step 1: Create a payment source
To add a new payment source in the Viva Wallet banking app:
- Click on Sales in the left navigation:
Click on Online payments in the Sales menu.
Click on Websites / apps in the Online payments menu:
Click on the Add Website/App button in the top right-hand corner:
The New Payment Source dialog box is displayed:
Complete the fields as follows:
- Code – the four-digit number in the top-left of the dialog box is the ‘Source Code’. Make a note of it for use in your plugin.
- Source Name – give your payment source a source name so you can recognise it in your reports.
- Linked Wallet – link the payment source to the required wallet.
- Protocol – if your e-commerce platform uses SSL on the checkout, select https, otherwise use http.
- Domain Name – enter the domain name to be associated (without the protocol. i.e. use
http://[yourdomain].com). If the site uses www, it must be specified and visa versa.
- Integration method – leave this with redirection selected.
- Company Logo - a PNG of your company logo to be displayed on the Viva Wallet payment page.
- Success URL –
- Failure URL –
- Checkboxes – read the information against each one and select them all.
Click on the Create button to finish creating the payment source.
Step 2: Integrate with your e-commerce store
To start using Viva Wallet as the payment gateway within PrestaShop 1.7:
Install the previously downloaded ZIP archive (
vivawallet1.7.zip) through your stores module manager (add new module).
The module will show in your store admin under modules / payments & gateways.
Enable and configure the Viva Wallet module as follows:
- Instalment logic – Greece only. Complete if you wish to offer instalments otherwise leave blank.
- Base URL –
- MerchantID – your production Viva Wallet Merchant ID (demo Merchant ID if testing)
- API Key – your production Viva Wallet API Key (demo Viva Wallet API key if testing)
- Source Code – the payment source you set up in the Viva Wallet banking app. Use one from the demo environment if testing.
Step 3: Set an optional webhook
Go to Settings > API Access > Webhooks in the Viva Wallet banking app:
Click on Create Webhook.
The New Webhook dialog box is displayed:
In the Url field, enter
http(s)://(www.)mysite.com/module/vivawallet/webhook, exchanging the placeholder for your actual domain name.
Choose Transaction Payment Created from the Event Type dropdown.
Click on the Save button.