Viva Wallet WooCommerce Gateway
Our payment plugin for WooCommerce allows you to take payments through Viva Wallet’s API. Accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB, and more, via a redirect from your store.
The instructions below were written to accompany the redirect version of our plugin for WooCommerce. In July 2020 we released a more advanced native version of our payment plugin in partnership with WooCommerce. Find the installation guide and download link on our WooCommerce page.
Before you start
- Log in to Viva Wallet, demo or live , and select the required account.
- Find your Merchant ID and API Key.
- Download the latest version of the plugin.
Adding the Viva Wallet plugin to WooCommerce consists of the following steps.
Step 1: Create a payment source
To add a new payment source in the Viva Wallet banking app:
- Click on Sales in the left navigation:
Click on Online payments in the Sales menu.
Click on Websites / apps in the Online payments menu:
Click on the Add Website/App button in the top right-hand corner:
The New Payment Source dialog box is displayed:
Complete the fields as follows:
- Code – the four-digit number in the top-left of the dialog box is the ‘Source Code’. Make a note of it for use in your plugin.
- Source Name – give your payment source a source name so you can recognise it in your reports.
- Linked Wallet – link the payment source to the required wallet.
- Protocol – if your e-commerce platform uses SSL on the checkout, select https, otherwise use http.
- Domain Name – enter the domain name to be associated (without the protocol. i.e. use
http://[yourdomain].com). If the site uses www, it must be specified and visa versa.
- Integration method – leave this with redirection selected.
- Company Logo – a PNG of your company logo to be displayed on the Viva Wallet payment page.
- Success URL –
- Failure URL –
- Checkboxes – read the information against each one and select them all.
Click on the Create button to finish creating the payment source.
Step 2: Integrate with your e-commerce store
To start using Viva Wallet as the payment gateway within WooCommerce:
Log in to your Wordpress website as an administrator.
Choose Add New from the Plugins menu:
Click on the Upload Plugin button to display the upload page:
Click on the Choose File button and browse to the ZIP archive (
vivawallet-for-woocommerce.zip) you downloaded earlier.
Click on the Choose button then Install Now.
Wordpress installs the plugin in the background.
Once installed, click on the Activate Plugin button.
An entry for the WooCommerce Vivawallet Gateway will be displayed at the bottom of the plugins page:
Choose Settings from the WooCommerce menu in the left navigation.
Click on the Payments tab at the top of the page to display the WooCommerce Payment Methods list.
Ensure that the Vivawallet toggle is enabled and click on the Manage button next to the Vivawallet entry at the bottom of the list:
A Viva Wallet-specific settings page will be displayed:
In the Title field, enter the text ‘Pay by debit or credit card.’
In the Description field, enter the text ‘Cards accepted: Visa, Mastercard, Maestro or Amex.’
In the Merchant ID, API Key and Source Code fields, enter the previously noted values.
Instalments – optional. Here you can include a meaningful code for installments to be collected. Use the example below the field as a guide to creating the required code. Requirements: customer uses card enabled for installments and chooses desired installment amount on payment page.
Test mode – optional. When checked the plugin will connect to the demo environment. In that case, use only the credentials from your demo account. When unchecked use the credentials from your live account.
Click on the Save changes button.
You are now ready to start receiving payments.
Step 3: Create an optional webhook
Go to Settings > API Access > Webhooks in the Viva Wallet banking app:
Click on the Create Webhook link to display the New Webhook dialog box:
In the Url field, enter
exchanging the placeholder for your actual domain name.
Click on the Verify link next to the URL you just entered.
After a short while, a message should be displayed confirming verification.
Choose Transaction Payment Created from the Event Type dropdown.
Click in the ‘Active’ checkbox to select it and make the webhook live.
Click on the Save button.