WooCommerce Smart Checkout plugin
Our WooCommerce Smart Checkout plugin allows you to accept payments to your WooCommerce store via Viva Wallet.
- Integration type: Smart Checkout (customers are redirected to Viva Wallet Smart Checkout to make a payment, and then redirected back to your store)
- Features: Offers all features supported by Smart Checkout, such as support for saved cards across merchants (please see the features section below)
- Supported payment methods: Accept multiple payment methods, including international card schemes (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover and more), local card schemes (Bancontact, and more), digital wallets (Apple Pay™, Google Pay™, Samsung Pay™), other payment methods such as PayPal™, Trustly, Sofort, BLIK, EPS, giropay, iDEAL, MULTIBANCO, Payconiq™, as well as online banking, direct debit, and more
- Supported currencies: BGN (Bulgarian lev), CZK (Czech koruna), DKK (Danish krone), EUR (Euro), GBP (Pound sterling), HRK (Croatian kuna), HUF (Hungarian forint), PLN (Polish złoty), RON (Romanian leu) & SEK (Swedish krona)
- Version of WooCommerce required: 3.0 or later version
- Pricing: No surcharge is applied to the acquiring fee, for each payment
- Increased conversion: dynamically shows payment methods most likely to convert
- Customer preferences: remembers past payment behavior and preferences of the customer across merchants and countries
- Saved cards: customer can save cards and use across merchants and countries, without the need for the customer to create an account
- Card decline recovery: based on the customer’s past payment behavior, we prompt the customer to re-try a declined card payment
- Recurring payments: not supported yet
- Pre-authorizations: not supported yet
- Multiple payment methods: accept multiple payment methods, such as Apple Pay, Google Pay™, Samsung Pay™ and PayPal™, as well as local card schemes, local digital wallets, and alternative payment methods
- Mobile optimized: offer an optimized browsing experience on any device (mobile, tablet, laptop, or desktop)
- Local languages & currencies: support for 17 languages (English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Polish, Romanian, Dutch, Greek, Czech, Portuguese, Swedish, Hungarian, Bulgarian, Danish, Finnish, and Croatian), and 10 currencies
- Compliance & security: full PCI & SCA/3DS support utilizing SCA exemptions, along with advanced fraud protection using Machine Learning algorithms
- Constantly self-updated: regular self-updates with no coding required from you, to a) offer new payment methods, b) offer new conversion-improving features, and c) comply with all the latest regulatory and security requirements
- Single account: No need to have a separate account for settlement
- Next day settlement: Money from customer payment is available in your Viva Wallet account the next day
- 0% Acceptance fee: Use your Viva Wallet Debit Mastercard to pay for your business expenses and lower your payment acceptance fees up to 0%
- Scalability: Through our reliable and state-of-the-art cloud-based infrastructure, you won’t miss a payment
Before you start
Step 1: Create Viva Wallet account
If you do not already have an account with Viva Wallet please create an account.
Step 2: Find account credentials
- Log in to Viva Wallet, demo or live , and select the required account.
- Go to Settings > API Access and find your Merchant ID and API Key:
- Note these values for future use
Step 3: Create Payment Source
Please refer to this page for instructions on adding a new Payment Source in the Viva Wallet banking app.
You will need to use the WooCommerce-specific Success & Failure URLs, as specified at the bottom of the above Payment Source creation page
Add your brand logo
We would highly recommend you show your company logo on your payment pages in order to increase customer recognition and trust, thus improving conversion. You can insert your company logo while creating the payment source as outlined above.
You can also change or update this logo at any time. To do this, please see our adding your brand logo tutorial for a step-by-step guide.
Step 4: Determine your payment methods
Determine which payment methods you want to offer to your customers.
Some of these payment methods are automatically enabled for you by us (e.g. Apple Pay), other payment methods can only be enabled by yourself (e.g. PayPal), for others you need to get in touch with us to enable them for you after a further review of your business.
Adding the WooCommerce Smart Checkout plugin consists of the following steps.
Step 1: Add Viva Wallet plugin to your WooCommerce store
Download the WooCommerce Smart Checkout plugin (ZIP file) to your device
Log into your WooCommerce (Wordpress) account and navigate to Plugins > Add New:
Click on the Upload Plugin button at the top of the screen:
In the pop-up window, click choose file, browse to the ZIP file you downloaded in Step 1 and upload this file
Click on the Choose button then Install Now. Wordpress will install the plugin in the background
Once installed, click on the Activate Plugin button. The plugin will be displayed at the bottom of the plugins page
Choose Settings from the WooCommerce menu in the left navigation
Click on the Payments tab at the top of the page to display the WooCommerce Payment Methods list
Ensure that the Vivawallet toggle is enabled and click on the Manage button next to the Vivawallet entry at the bottom of the list:
A Viva Wallet-specific settings page will be displayed. Please fill out the fields as follows:
Enable/Disable: Check this box to enable the plugin
Title: Enter the title to display to customers on the Checkout screen. For example “Pay by debit or credit card”
Description: Enter the description to display to customers on the Checkout screen. For example “Cards accepted: Visa, Mastercard, Maestro or Amex”
Merchant ID: Enter the Merchant ID you noted in Step 2: Find Account credentials
API Key: Enter the API Key you noted in Step 2: Find Account credentials
Source Code: Enter the Source Code of the Source you created in Step 3: Create Payment Source
Instalments: This is an optional field, only applicable to Greek merchants – you can set the maximum allowed payment installments and their corresponding order values
Test mode: When checked, the plugin will connect to the Viva Wallet demo environment. In that case, use the credentials from your demo account. When unchecked, use the credentials from your live account
Order status: Choose what to set your order status to, within WooCommerce, when the payment is successful
When complete, click on the Save changes button at the bottom of the screen and the Viva Wallet payment option will be available in your checkout
Step 2: Set webhook
In order to receive notifications when a payment is successful, you will need to set a Transaction Payment Created webhook. Please see our setup guide for the creation of this webhook.
Within the URL field of the webhook, you will need to use the following format, replacing ‘www.yourdomain.com’ with the domain of your WooCommerce store:
If you have any questions about our solutions, or questions about how to integrate with our solutions, please refer to our Get Support page.