Information on the Dynamic Descriptor ('Customer description') field.
The Dynamic Descriptor field (shown as ‘Customer description’ when creating a payment source for stores) allows you to set a customer-friendly name which will be displayed on your customers’ receipts and bank statements.
Supported devices & card schemes
The Dynamic Descriptor field is applied only in certain circumstances:
- ✔️ It is applied to PAX/Paydroid terminals (such as the Axxx series)
- ✔️ It is applied to Android terminals (Viva Wallet Contactless Terminal powered by Google Play, Viva Wallet Contactless Terminal with Professional Scanner powered by Google Play & Viva Wallet Contactless / Chip & PIN Terminal powered by Google Play)
- ✔️ It is applied to Tap-on-Phone (on Android)
- ❌ It is not applied to ecommerce payments
- ❌ It is not applied to Prolin terminals (Q30)
- ❌ It is not applied to Tap-on-Phone (on iOS)
- ✔️ It is applied to the following schemes: Visa, Mastercard, American Express & Diners Club International
- ❌ It is not applied to alternative/local payment methods (i.e. it applies to cards only)
To utilise the Dynamic Descriptor, please follow the steps below.
Log in to your Viva Wallet account (self-care) and navigate to Sales > Physical Payments > Stores:
Edit your chosen payment source and fill in the ‘Customer description’ field:
Log in to your Viva Wallet account (self-care) and navigate to Sales > Physical Payments > Card Terminals:
Edit the relevant terminal and ensure the correct payment source is assigned:
Once a payment is made on the terminal (taking into account the Supported devices & card schemes), the customer’s receipt will show the Dynamic Descriptor (‘Customer description’) value:
This value will also be displayed within the customer’s bank statement:
If you would like to integrate with Viva Wallet, or if you have any queries about our products and solutions, please see our Contact & Support page to see how we can help!