How to protect various app functions with a PIN for the Viva Terminal App.
Some features can be protected by a PIN to restrict employees from performing certain actions.
On the main POS screen, click on the ‘More’ option at the bottom-right
Then click ‘PIN protection settings’
If needed, you can then select the toggle to ‘Enable PIN Protection’
If you did not set a pin earlier, you will be prompted to set a pin
Once enabled, you can select the desired functions to be PIN protected
You can also change your PIN to prevent these settings from being modified
Available options for PIN protection
- Settings: If activated, the user is prompted to enter the pin in order to access Settings
The ‘About’, ‘Update’ & ‘Send Logs’ options will not be PIN-protected, even if the ‘Settings’ option is selected. This allows all users to easily access these items at all times
- Transactions: if activated, the user is prompted to enter the pin in order to access Transactions page
- Preauth: if activated, the ability to press the preauthorise amount button on main screen will be pin protected
- Refunds: if activated, the ability to access and grant refunds will be pin protected
- Disable manual amount entry: if activated, users cannot enter manual amounts on Pos screen. The payments can be triggered by a 3rd party app or an API call
- Force card presentment for refunds: if activated, refunds cannot be done without card presentment
If you would like to integrate with Viva Wallet, or if you have any queries about our products and solutions, please see our Contact & Support page to see how we can help!