Webhooks for payments
Viva Wallet supports webhooks, a simple and powerful solution that allows you to receive notifications each time a specific event takes place.
The following events are available for which a notification can be sent:
- Obligation Created – a marketplace obligation (e.g. refund request) has been successfully sent to a marketplace seller
- Obligation Captured – a marketplace obligation (e.g. refund request) has been successfully paid by a marketplace seller
- Account Transaction Created – wallet account balance change
- Transaction Payment Created – a customer’s payment has been successful
- Transaction Price Calculated – a commission payment has been withdrawn from your account by Viva Wallet
- Transaction Reversal Created – a customer refund has been successfully actioned
- Transaction Failed – a customer’s payment failed (but the customer may retry and the customer’s payment may - eventually - be successful)
- Command Bank Transfer Created – a bank transfer to an external IBAN has been created but not executed yet (the money has not yet been transferred from your wallet)
- Command Bank Transfer Executed – a bank transfer to an external IBAN has been executed
- In case of instant bank account transfer, money have been transferred immediately from your wallet (which is linked with your IBAN) to the external IBAN
- In case of non instant bank account transfer, money have been transferred from your wallet (which is linked with your IBAN) but not necessarily received yet to the external IBAN
Note that webhook notification will be not triggered for expired, cancelled payments, or payments that failed 3DS user authentication (see the additional Event ID codes).
Viva Wallet will assume you have successfully received a webhook notification if you respond with http status 200 to the POST calls received from us.
In any other case (HTTP error codes 3xx, 4xx, or 5xx) a retry mechanism will apply (72 retries / 3 days) will start and run once per hour until a status 200 is received or the maximum retries threshold is reached.
Check out the related tutorial below for more details on this topic:
Please note that you do not need to set up webhooks for the WooCommerce Standard Checkout plugin or the Shopify Smart Checkout plugin, as they are automatically created by the plugin.
If you have any questions about our solutions, or questions about how to integrate with our solutions, please refer to our Get Support page.